WILLIAM H. HOOKER: ACKERS REMEDY COMPANY
The Acker's Remedy Company was established sometime in 1874. In the beginning the business was located at 202 Main Street Buffalo, New York. Acker would retire sometime in the 1880s with his son taking over the business. William H. Hooker would buy the already established business and relocate it to 46 West Broadway Street New York City then to 16 and 18 Chambers Street and 194 Water Street.
Below is an ad from the Pittsburg Dispatch April 3 1891.
Here is another ad from 1896.
Below are photos of their best selling product which come in two sizes. The smaller size was their best seller. This rectangle cobalt blue bottle is embossed ACKER'S ENGLISH REMEDY // W. H. HOOKER & CO. / PROPRIETORS / NEW YORK, U. S. A. // FOR THE THROAT & LUNGS
Below is a trade card for this product.
The other products produced from this company were.
Acker's Blood Elixir for all Blood Diseases W. H. Hooker & Co. Sole Agents Proprietors New York U. S. A. (cobalt)
Acker's Baby Soother W. H. Hooker & Co. (aqua)
Acker's English Remedy for all W. H. Hooker & Company Sole
Agents North & South America. (cobalt)
Acker's English Pills W. H. Hooker & Co. (clear)
Below is a trade card and a ad for the Blood Elixir.
Frank & Frank Jr. (Wicker) Bottle Collection.
Antique American Medicine Bottles by Knapp.