DR. T. B. WHEELER: ELIXIR OF PHOSPHATES & CALISAYA
Dr. T. B. Wheeler filed for a patent for his Elixir of Phosphates & Calisaya on November 2 1886. He was from Montreal Canada and is where he started manufacturing his Tissue Phosphates medicine. His company was called the Chemical Laboratory of T. B. Wheeler M. D. This medicine was for treating consumption, bronchitis and all forms of nervous debilty. He advertised his medicine as being a non-alcoholic medicine but actually it would have a 12 percent content . He also had a branch in Rooses Point, New York where he would sell his medicines.
Below is an ad for his medicine.
Below are photos of his earliest square bottles embossed Compound Elixir of Phosphates.
............Label courtesy of ebay.
. Label courtesy of ebay.
Below are photos of his later square bottles embossed Wheeler's Tissue Phosphates. There is a 5 3/8 size bottle also.
Buffalo Medical Journal Vol. 56 1901.
Jama. Journal 1917.
Canadian Practitioner Vo. 19.
Frank & Frank Jr. (Wicker) Bottle Collection.