LOUIS METTE & GEORGE KANNE : ST. GOTTHARD HERB BITTERS
This firm was listed as liquor dealers and suppliers of Kentucky Whiskies. In 1868 the businesses name was Mette & Flacke. Two years later in 1870 it would become Mette & Kanne. The two men were brothers- in-law. The firm was located at 613 N2 ND. In 1881 they would relocate to 403 N. Main Street till they closed. By 1893 the company now was called Mette & Kanne Distilling Co. The company would go out of business in 1918 because of prohibition. Below is a photo of their ST. GOTTHARD HERB BITTERS / METTE & KANNE PROS. / ST. LOUIS, MO.
This company also used the brand names Carmen and Crown Jewels.
St. Louis City Directories 1868 - 1918.
Frank & Frank Jr. (Wicker) Bottle Collection.