JOHN & FRANK WYETH : MEDICINE COMPANY
John Wyeth who was born in 1834 was a pharmacist who graduated from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy in 1854. He would start working for Henry C. Blair. By 1860 John and his brother Frank would establish the John Wyeth & Brother Pharmacy. Their company was located at 1410 Walnut St. in Philadelphia. In 1862 the brothers published a catalog called " Pharmaceuticals for Wholesale Distribution". Their business was expanding and in 1889 they would purchase more buildings at 14th and Washington St.. Between 1876 to 1897 there were six products with U. S. Patents. In 1937 the company registered a patent on their Collyrium which was a watery solution used for installation into the eyes. William would die in 1907 at the age of 73. Wyeth son Stuart how worked for the company would die in 1929. In 1931 Harvard University would inherit the company. Below is a photo of one of their bottle included with the bottle is the dose cap. The bottle is embossed JOHN WYETH & BRO.
Dr. Cannon Medicine Chest Article Oct 2011 in the AB&GC.
Frank & Frank Jr. (Wicker) Bottle Collection.